Join Us in Despair

You know when you were a kid and your diary was full of angst and woe-is-me-ness? That is what this blog is for. Lost your job, dog is sick, someone stole your parking spot, crashed your car, just generally glum? This is the place to put all that lovely grey and those long drawn out sighs.

Lists of sad songs. Depressing movie reviews. Top ten reason to stay in bed. All things not happy. Bring them here.

Are you sick, are you tired? Have you been sick & tired for a year? Share it here. Unhappy, gloomy, dismal, down in the dumps, miserable only. Did you have a bad day, a month... share. Not that tragedy and despair can't be funny, contributors are welcome to make their posts goofy, witty, laugh-out-loudable, just not happy or upbeat.

Would you like to be part of the DD&D project? Do you have a sad story, a rant, a poem of a lost love? Join us as a contributor.


Friday, February 13, 2009

The Point

Tim Skold Pictures, Images and Photos

The Point by Skold

[*Repost: 'Cause I just put up a video of this song from YouTube*]


Love. Blood. War.
Design. Deceit. Control.

There’s no one here for everyone.
Just stick around until I’m gone.
I love you so, it hurts.
For whatever that it’s worth.
And all the dark will fade away.
The rumors and the lies.
And no one will remember if you even said goodbye.

What’s the point in dying
When the world thinks you’re already dead?
What’s the point in crying
With the rain beating down on your head?

Greed. Hate. Lust.
Divine. Disgust. Distrust.

Happiness comes in a pill,
off a fifteen story windowsill.
You long until I die,
or at least until I try.
The afterworks told me nothing.
Our problem still persists.
So think about the stories,
and the bullshit that you’ll miss.

What’s the point in dying
When the world thinks you’re already dead?
What’s the point in crying
With the rain beating down on your head?
What’s the point in lying
If no one believes what you say?
What’s the point in dying
If you’re already dead anyway?
If you’re already dead anyway?
If you’re already dead anyway?

I hope you will remember me.
At least say so to comfort me.
You say goodbye so easily.
It’s now or never.

It may seem really pitiful but,
life became too beautiful.
The pain of love unbearable.
It’s now or never.
Gone forever…




A lil' FYI: Tim Skold is one of my fave musicians/lyricists of all-time. He usually just goes by Skold in his many projects. This song is from a CD that never got released but I found the whole thing online a while back. But of course it was on the internet! It was around 5-6 songs with awesome music & lyrics. I'm going to probably post a good amount of his lyrics here because they are just so great to me.


4 comments:

Wait. What? said...

Now I am gonna go youtube this and see what the music sounds like!

Eve Noir said...

Hey Cat. Glad you liked the lyrics. But I honestly don't think you'll find it on YouTube, but you can try. He may have some other songs up though. And he also sings in KMFDM & MDFMK-I posted the latter as my 1st song here, "Missing Time."

BTW: I know "Anarchy" by KMFDM (which Skold wrote) is on YouTube though. That's the song that got me into him actually. Ooo, and his new album w/KMFDM comes out soon, so I'm sure I'll be posting some of those lyrics.
Take care~Eve

Anonymous said...

Omg. Like, these lyrics are awesome.
I absolutely love them.

Eve Noir said...

I just put up a video so you can hear the song. Hope you like it!