Join Us in Despair

You know when you were a kid and your diary was full of angst and woe-is-me-ness? That is what this blog is for. Lost your job, dog is sick, someone stole your parking spot, crashed your car, just generally glum? This is the place to put all that lovely grey and those long drawn out sighs.

Lists of sad songs. Depressing movie reviews. Top ten reason to stay in bed. All things not happy. Bring them here.

Are you sick, are you tired? Have you been sick & tired for a year? Share it here. Unhappy, gloomy, dismal, down in the dumps, miserable only. Did you have a bad day, a month... share. Not that tragedy and despair can't be funny, contributors are welcome to make their posts goofy, witty, laugh-out-loudable, just not happy or upbeat.

Would you like to be part of the DD&D project? Do you have a sad story, a rant, a poem of a lost love? Join us as a contributor.


Monday, February 2, 2009

(Silent) Poetry Reading

Giving Up

I gave up on Writing today.
He was quite
upset with me.

“You have nothing to offer me.
Nothing published, no
acceptance letter in the mail.
What do I need you for?” I said.

“But
I give you beauty and understanding.”
he answered simply.

“Ha! I
understand.
I understand that I give until the little
drops of blood
fall onto the paper
and no one will pay me for any of it.
What do I need
you for?”

Writing was sullen and turned his back on me.

The view
out the window dulled.
The air grew heavy and pressed down on me.
Colors
all faded to a sickly grey.
Joy, once my inspiration, gasped for breath.

______________________________________________


Offered for the Gold Puppy Blog Fourth Annual (Silent) Poetry Reading. I posted one at A Bit of Laura Jayne too, but thought might be okay to have a bright and pretty one there and a bit darker poem here for your silent reading. If you are inspired to share on your blog do let me know.
What?
A Bloggers (Silent) Poetry Reading
When?
Anytime February 2, 2009
Where?
Your blog
Why?
Some poetry is warming. It cracks the ice in the heart of the Earth to remind her that spring is just around the corner. Or ... if you live south of the equator, choose poetry to cool the heart of the Earth so as to remind her fall is coming.
How?
Select a poem you like - by a favorite poet or one of your own - to post February 2nd.
What else?
Feel free to pass this invitation on to any and all bloggers.

No comments: