Join Us in Despair

You know when you were a kid and your diary was full of angst and woe-is-me-ness? That is what this blog is for. Lost your job, dog is sick, someone stole your parking spot, crashed your car, just generally glum? This is the place to put all that lovely grey and those long drawn out sighs.

Lists of sad songs. Depressing movie reviews. Top ten reason to stay in bed. All things not happy. Bring them here.

Are you sick, are you tired? Have you been sick & tired for a year? Share it here. Unhappy, gloomy, dismal, down in the dumps, miserable only. Did you have a bad day, a month... share. Not that tragedy and despair can't be funny, contributors are welcome to make their posts goofy, witty, laugh-out-loudable, just not happy or upbeat.

Would you like to be part of the DD&D project? Do you have a sad story, a rant, a poem of a lost love? Join us as a contributor.


Saturday, February 14, 2009

Shake The Disease

Shake The Disease by Depeche Mode

I'm not going down on my knees,
Begging you to adore me
Can't you see it's misery
And torture for me
When I'm misunderstood
Try as hard as you can, I've tried as hard as I could
To make you see
How important it is for me

Here is a plea
From my heart to you
Nobody knows me
As well as you do
You know how hard it is for me
To shake the disease
That takes hold of my tongue
In situations like these

Understand me

Some people have to be
Permanently together
Lovers devoted to
Each other forever
Now I've got things to do
And I've said before that I know you have too
When I'm not there
In spirit I'll be there

Here is a plea
From my heart to you
Nobody knows me
As well as you do
You know how hard it is for me
To shake the disease
That takes hold of my tongue
In situations like these

Understand me

Sorry people, I couldn't find a good YouTube version of the original by DM. So here's Hooverphonic's version, which is just as good...maybe even better with a girl singing. Hm?... Strange though, I noticed Hooverphonic omit the "understand me" line in their version. Interesting...I wonder why.
Oh & hope you all had a lovely Valentine's Day! Deadly X's & O's~Eve

2 comments:

Jennylee said...

where did you get that picture ...? I must have it !!!

Eve Noir said...

Think I just PHOTOBUCKET'ed it. I didn't even notice there was blood going from one part of the picture to the next. Doh! I just thought it was really pretty w/the lighthouse (my fave) and all.