Join Us in Despair

You know when you were a kid and your diary was full of angst and woe-is-me-ness? That is what this blog is for. Lost your job, dog is sick, someone stole your parking spot, crashed your car, just generally glum? This is the place to put all that lovely grey and those long drawn out sighs.

Lists of sad songs. Depressing movie reviews. Top ten reason to stay in bed. All things not happy. Bring them here.

Are you sick, are you tired? Have you been sick & tired for a year? Share it here. Unhappy, gloomy, dismal, down in the dumps, miserable only. Did you have a bad day, a month... share. Not that tragedy and despair can't be funny, contributors are welcome to make their posts goofy, witty, laugh-out-loudable, just not happy or upbeat.

Would you like to be part of the DD&D project? Do you have a sad story, a rant, a poem of a lost love? Join us as a contributor.


Monday, February 23, 2009

Untitled


Untitled written by Eve Noir

Time & time again, you've let me down
You're not my friend anymore...

I don't know what you are to me...
What you mean to me

Something ugly has grown inside you...

And it doesn't seem to be leaving anytime soon


You blame me, you blame others...

But you need a new person to blame

Try yourself for a change


I've done nothing but gone out of my way for you

And you say I'm never around

I'm always here, how many times do I need to say it?

Well, don't worry because I won't be saying it anymore


I'm really tired of you

Tired of trying, trying, and trying some more

I don't even want to look you in the eye

You're not the girl I once knew...

So fun & full of life

Your eyes are empty now

You're nowhere in sight


I'd help you out if you let me but...

You've made it clear that you think nothing is wrong

And then you wonder why no one is around for you anymore


I want to believe that you'll be my good friend...

As you once were

But you don't see that ugly thing inside...

Still eating away at you


I always thought I could count on you...

You always said you'd be there for me...

But you're not

Are you sorry?

I wish I could say I'm sorry but...

I didn't do anything wrong...
I just tried to be there for you...
But you wouldn't let me anyways

There's only so much I can do
I didn't give up on you...

You gave up on yourself


Maybe one day you'll be that girl I used to know again

And I hope you'll try

Because I do miss you

3 comments:

Sullivan McPig said...

Very beautiful and again very recognisable.

Eve Noir said...

Thanks for the kind words Sullivan.

Wait. What? said...

I know who you write of - very good poetry!