Join Us in Despair

You know when you were a kid and your diary was full of angst and woe-is-me-ness? That is what this blog is for. Lost your job, dog is sick, someone stole your parking spot, crashed your car, just generally glum? This is the place to put all that lovely grey and those long drawn out sighs.

Lists of sad songs. Depressing movie reviews. Top ten reason to stay in bed. All things not happy. Bring them here.

Are you sick, are you tired? Have you been sick & tired for a year? Share it here. Unhappy, gloomy, dismal, down in the dumps, miserable only. Did you have a bad day, a month... share. Not that tragedy and despair can't be funny, contributors are welcome to make their posts goofy, witty, laugh-out-loudable, just not happy or upbeat.

Would you like to be part of the DD&D project? Do you have a sad story, a rant, a poem of a lost love? Join us as a contributor.


Monday, February 23, 2009

Saving


Saving


The outside is too dark


Even if I see the stars


Why don’t you come and save me?


Where are you, Mommy?




The big scary man laughed


He ripped my pretty dress


He pinned me to the ground


Said I wasn’t Daddy’s princess




He’s hurting me now


Over and over and over again


I’m begging him to stop


He doesn’t listen and gave me more pain




Daddy! Daddy! I called


Help me! Help me! I cried


I’m so young and I’m so cold


I couldn’t get away even if I tried




The big scary man pulled a knife


He punched me hard and cut me


I screamed when the knife scarred my face


I screamed for Mommy and Daddy




He thought I was dead and left me


I was left lying on the ground


I can’t talk anymore so I bled and cried


I prayed to God so I’ll be found




Mom and Dad said they loved me


They said God did too


They said my guardian angel will protect me


So, my angel, where are you?



Oh, the despair.
Really, that scared me.
Oh, and that was hot off the press, so I'm sorry for the flaws and stuff.

6 comments:

Carrie Clevenger said...

Haunting.

Pia Veleno said...

Nicely done. If such a sad piece could have the word 'nice'. Thanks for sharing.

Dibakar Sarkar said...

Adjectives fall short of me, and I fall short of them too. Its language bears the sound of pain!

Brian Mongold said...

Very well written and the photograph is absolutely stunning. Thanks for for following Eazy Cheezy. I'm now following this fantastic blog as well.

Brian

Anonymous said...

thanks everyone. :]

Wait. What? said...

haunting indeed! Well done!