Join Us in Despair

You know when you were a kid and your diary was full of angst and woe-is-me-ness? That is what this blog is for. Lost your job, dog is sick, someone stole your parking spot, crashed your car, just generally glum? This is the place to put all that lovely grey and those long drawn out sighs.

Lists of sad songs. Depressing movie reviews. Top ten reason to stay in bed. All things not happy. Bring them here.

Are you sick, are you tired? Have you been sick & tired for a year? Share it here. Unhappy, gloomy, dismal, down in the dumps, miserable only. Did you have a bad day, a month... share. Not that tragedy and despair can't be funny, contributors are welcome to make their posts goofy, witty, laugh-out-loudable, just not happy or upbeat.

Would you like to be part of the DD&D project? Do you have a sad story, a rant, a poem of a lost love? Join us as a contributor.


Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Scared of the Dark

How can a simple closed door scare me so much?

See , in my dream , a recurring dream at least twice a week for ... oh more years than I care to admit, I turn on a light switch and the light doesnt work. None of the lights work, and I know its because someone in the house doesnt want them to work, someone is taking the light and waiting for me to run because when I run they will pounce.

I wake from this dream, the only nightmare I ever have where I am not in control of the dream, and I normally smile relief and roll over. Except today it was time to get up, so I turned on the lamp and it went "plink" and went out..... now all there is in the room is a closed door with a glow behind it and I know there were no other lamps on in the house, and as I puzzle this, the glow went out and there was no more light and its time to get up.

No comments: